Manager, Logistics and Transportation
Lumens is looking for an experienced Logistics and Transportation Manager with a strong track record in implementing inventory control, shipping + receiving, reverse logistics, and carrier + transportation management best practices.
With a $6M+ in owned inventory, $8M+ in annual returns/reverse logistics, $10M+ in annual carrier spend, and a 15%+ projected growth rate through 2023, we’re looking for a high performing Logistics and Transportation expert who can help us build the frameworks, processes, and practices to deliver consistent and predictable customer experiences that scale with our aggressive growth. If you have a passion for Logistics and Transportation and are interested in joining a winning team of industry leading ecommerce professionals, please read on!
· Maintains strong inventory accuracy controls + warehouse performance
o Optimizes Receiving + Inventory Control process at both our East Coast 3PL and West Coast owned warehouse
o Monitors warehouse days to ship + on time performance for outbound shipping + inbound receiving
o Develops procedures and implements technology to ensure strong inventory controls, regular cycle counts, etc. for both 3PL and Reverse Logistics Warehouses
· Optimizes reverse logistics/open box processes
o Receiving + quality inspection of customer returns
o Bulk + individual RTV inventory control + management
o Open Box inventory management + order fulfillment
· Manages Carrier Decisioning + Compliance at all levels including
o Post-shipment profitability analysis for new vendors, in partnership with Merchandising and Vendor Management teams
o Monthly COGS reviews to identify + implement opportunities to reduce freight costs
o Carrier contract negotiation including pricing analysis and carrier sourcing
· Manages daily production processes to ensure consistent customer experience and financial performance
o Manages a team of specialists ensuring daily, weekly and monthly workloads are tracked and audited for compliance.
o Manage attendance, timekeeping and time off requests, coaching when needed and corrective actions taken when required.
o Oversee and assist with complex or escalated customer issues.
o Shipment scheduling + processing for Lumens initiated shipments, including management of ocean + air shipments originating EXW Europe and their respective domestic LTL/Small Parcel handoffs
o Carrier OS&D claims filing + reimbursements with all Small Parcel, LTL Freight, White Glove, and Ocean LCL carriers
o Canadian import/export processing, including maintaining procedures for NRI imports into Canada
- Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related discipline
- 4+ years of increasing responsibility in logistics/supply chain positions, including working directly with carriers and warehouse teams
- 2+ years of people/process management experience
- Proven record of being self-driven, fast learning, and resourceful
- Proven record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Command of Windows, MS Office, strong Excel skills, multiple web browsers
- Ability to quickly learn new computer systems/programs
Key Performance Metrics:
- Passion for providing a best in class customer experience
- Experience working within a drop-ship logistics as well as owned inventory
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401k + 3 weeks annual paid time off